There’s so much to learn from Dr. Brown in this video. Here’s a couple of ideas I pulled from it.
- The basis of human trust is found in play.
- Play increases problems-solving and contextual memory abilities
- The foundation for emotional regulation is built in play.
- Play enables courageous action.
- The opposite of play isn’t work, it’s depression.
Plus much more.
“We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” George Bernard Shaw
As we head into the weekend, instead of trying to check off everything on our to-do list, let’s take some time to really get out and play.
Let’s laugh, jump around, flirt, play games and bounce our way to a healthier, happier life.
The world needs us to be happy, my friendly blog reader.
TAG!! You’re it!!
p.s. According to Dr. Brown, “Neoteny is the retention of immature qualities into adulthood”.
Not too long ago I was inspired to write this list of immaturity after reading a FaceBook post from Neil deGrasse Tyson. What’s on your list?